Saturday, July 2, 2011

Couponing

Well, secrets out. I love coupons saving money.  I saw the women from The Krazy Coupon Lady on TV and checked out their website.  After reading a little bit, I saw that the using the coupons and store promotions that week would yield free toothpaste.  I thought, well that's good! Toothpaste won't go bad! I walked out of the store that day, paying under a dollar for toothpaste and shampoo and I was hooked! 

The way I see it is this: I have no interest in buying items we won't use.  What does make sense to me is using coupons with store sales to get things for 60-100% off retail.  My goal is to have a 3-6 month supply of all the non-perishable products we use so that we're never running to Walgreen's because we're out of something and paying full price! And, as a side bonus, it makes me feel like Super Wife to this cutie:



It's amazing how a few months of couponing changes your whole mindset about your money.  We don't have huge salaries, but we want to be good stewards with what we've been given.  Since we were married, Kemi and I have always been very prudent with our money, and kept a careful budget, both out of necessity and because we've had long-term goals that we knew wouldn't happen if we didn't plan for it in advance.  Being able to complete each little project around the house is so satisfying because it's a representation of careful planning, sacrificing new clothes and eating out, and saving the most we can on our grocery bills!  If cutting coupons and reading grocery ads continues to save us hundreds each month (it is!) then i'm happy to keep at it! So do I have a stockpile? Yes. But when there's a zombie apocalypse, you can count on me.

1 comment: