Monday, December 12, 2011

Awkward and Awesome This Week

Awkward:

-Peeing a little every time I sneeze.  So weird. These are the things I didn't read about in "What To Expect When You're Expecting."
-Asking the doctor what the bump in the bottom of my uterus is and him telling me it's just a hernia. "Oh, just a hernia? Ok, no big deal then. I guess..."
-EVERYONE has started noticing the bump and rubbing my stomach. And now I understand what other moms mean when they talk about this. It is a mighty weird experience to be talking to someone and have them reach out and put their hand on your tummy. SO weird.
-Going to the gym without my wedding ring on, but WITH an obvious bun in the oven.  Dang, girl.

Awesome:

-Kemi walking around singing "My Girl" to himself.  Hint: he's not singing about me. And I love it.
-Kemi emailing me an article on handling toddler temper tantrums because he "wants to be prepared." I love this guy.
-Getting to borrow Citizen maternity jeans. Ahhh. The bump never looked better. And the funny thing is, these jeans are like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Maternity Pants." I borrowed them from Melanie Pritchard, and apparently they've been worn by, like, ten other preggos. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment