Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Cloth Diaper Stash

After several of my friends started cloth diapering with their babies, I decided to also do it with Evangeline.    My reasons at first were mostly financial....from birth to potty training, disposable diapers will cost on average about $2000.  All the cloth diapers and supplies you need from birth to potty training can be purchased for anywhere from $200-$600, depending on what type of cloth diapers you use.  For me the environmental and health benefits are secondary, but a great bonus nonetheless!

I was lucky enough to buy a HUGE set of cloth diapers (prefolds, or the "old school" type of cloth diapers) from a mom on Craigslist who said she bought the whole set and then was too lazy to use them.  I think one or two had been used.  The whole set, which really could last us from birth to potty training, if we wanted to only use prefolds, was $70, or 50% off retail.  This is only half of them pictured (they come in two sizes).


Since then, I've also purchased a few pocket diapers.  These are the type that look and act more like disposables.  I figure they'll will be good when we have babysitters who aren't comfortable with the cloth diaper situation. With pocket diapers, the babysitter can just take it off and toss it in the bag to be washed, and put a new one on. Side benefit to cloth diapering? They are so dang cute!!!


Most of my pocket diapers I was lucky enough to get REALLY good deals on through Zulily.  If you don't use Zulily yet, you should! I have bought a lot of things for Evangeline through that site.  It is a daily deal site for baby, kids, and women's products.  You can join here.



I'd still like to get a few more pocket diapers.  Can't wait to see Evie's cute little hiney in a cloth diaper!

1 comment:

  1. I just started cloth diapering. I am amazed at you for throwing both feet in. I am 9 months into this mothering thing and I am now brave enough to venture into this new experience. So far so good. Please share what works and what doesn't work for you!

    ReplyDelete