Friday, June 29, 2012

Awkward and Awesome-BABY Edition!

Awkward:
-Eating scrambled eggs almost every morning with my left hand because Evie won't let me put her down, and I can't manipulate a fork with my left. Sigh.
-Conducting a job interview while breast feeding.
-Opening the door to my office to meet with someone at work, and realizing at the same moment they do that my breast pump and bottles of milk are sitting there, staring at us. The awkward laugh and shuffle as I pack it all back up. Oh, the moments when your professional and personal lives crash into each other at a million miles an hour.
-Pretty much anything surrounding breastfeeding or my breast pump.

Awesome:
-Evangeline smiles at me now. More than she does at other people. Like, an "I know you're my mom" kind of smile.
-Sleeping for 5 hours at a time at night now. Like, whoa.
My new iPhone. I'm one of you now.


No comments:

Post a Comment