Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why We Cloth Diaper

I've had a lot of recent questions about cloth diapering, and why we choose to use cloth diapers. I'm no expert on cloth diapering, so if you're really interested in using them, you probably have a million questions. I'd direct you to the experts, who REALLY know everything there is to know about it. My friend Jenna writes frequently about cloth diapering, and she is truly passionate about educating moms about it.  But for now, I'll tell a little about why we chose to use cloth.

So cute, right?

Before Evie was born, several of my friends were using cloth diapers. I was interested in it, and began to read everything I could about it (That's totally the way I operate...if I'm doing something, I'm doing it 100%, or not at all).  I brought it up to Kemi, very hesitantly.  At first, he was pretty resistant to the idea. But, like Jenna says, most people who think cloth diapering is gross/weird/hippy/difficult have never seen a modern cloth diaper. But, what really sealed the deal for Kemi was when I presented him with the cost difference.  You basically save a TON of money by using cloth diapers instead of disposable.

I've never been a hugely environmental person, but I DO care a lot about using natural products for our family.  I try whenever possible to use personal care and cleaning products that are rated safest on the Environmental Working Group Skin Deep site.  So my interest in using the most natural products possible on my babes definitely played into the decision to use cloth. But, to be honest, it was mainly a financial decision.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that they are SO CUTE!  Honestly, be warned: it's addictive!


1 comment:

  1. Diaper Sprayers a few facts: No Diaper Sprayer on the market was manufactured for that purpose; they are all originally Hand Held Bidet Sprayers. That is why so many people are complaining about their sprayers breaking, because they were not made to handle the abuse. You can save money and buy a cheap plastic sprayer and then need to buy another one soon or you can get a Stainless Steel Sprayer at www.bathroomsprayers.com for a little more that will last, it comes with a 5 year warranty. And don't forget, using it as a Hand Bidet means you will save money on toilet paper, everyday....forever....Just a thought

    ReplyDelete