Friday, August 30, 2013

My Birthday

My birthday was a few weeks ago, but I never got around to posting about it.  Kemi confessed a few weeks before my birthday that he had no idea what to do, so I told him I'd tell him exactly what I wanted.  I guess after 10 years you just learn to come right out and spell it out.  And all I truly wanted to do was have a little bit of everything squeezed into one day: mostly family time, but also some date time, and definitely a little time to relax. And that is exactly what I got! Lucky me :)

We celebrated on Sunday because I had to work all day Monday. We woke up and made pancakes, which is our weekend tradition.  We had already gone to mass the night before, so we had all day to spend together.

After Evie woke up from her nap, we headed out to the Phoenix Children's Museum.  It is truly one of the coolest places for kids in Phoenix, in my opinion.  Is it weird how much I love it there? Probably because all the exhibits are open to all ages (read: moms can play too!).



Note to self: put more effort into your hair












We only lasted there about two hours before Evie needed to head home for a nap and dinner.  While she slept, Kemi pulled these beauties out of the fridge. Oh.My.Gosh. They were delicious, and had the craziest flavors!

Mmmmm!



After cupcakes, we made dinner plans. Haha! The restaurant I wanted to go to wasn't open on Sunday nights, so I was in a pinch to find somewhere else that has good gluten free and dairy free options for Kemi.  We finally decided on La Grande Orange, and headed out for a much needed date together.


It was a great birthday. Next year, the big 3-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment