Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time: Part 2

Last week, I shared with you guys what's been going on in our family. How little time we're finding we have, and how it's been affecting all of us.  I was thinking a lot about being a working mom...what's great about it, and what can be so darn hard.

I saw this video from Susan of Freshly Picked Moccasins, and I thought it was really inspiring. You guys know I love the FP moccasins, but I also have come to really enjoy Susan's positivity about being a working mom.



Throughout my pregnancy with Evie, I really hoped to have a natural childbirth. I didn't want to have an epidural, or any medications at all. I read a lot about pain management, and really hoped I'd be able to handle it on my own without additional intervention.  I remember during pushing, just dropping my head back on the pillow and telling my doctor "I can't. I can't do it anymore.  Get the forceps. Get the vacuum thingy. Give me a C-Section because I cannot do this for one more second." It sounds funny now, but I truly was at my breaking point.  His response? 

"Corinna you can do it. You are doing it. This is exactly what you wanted." 




And he was right. That was what I needed. I needed a reminder that I was getting what I wanted. No one said it would be easy, but it's what I wanted.

In the moment, though, I couldn't see it. I was so close, but I felt nowhere near the finish line.

I think in this season of my life, I am right in the thick of it all, and I am having trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  But you know, I'm doing it...maybe as well as is possible.  I have the exact career I dreamed of, and more importantly I have a husband who I adore and a baby that is my whole world. I need to get better at reminding myself of how sweet it is, and that these days of chaos and busy-ness will slow down. We will find our rhythm again as a family.

2 comments:

  1. You will! You never know what may happen tomorrow, your life is proof of that (and so is mine lately!). Things may change when you least expect it, how you least expect it. In the meantime, all there is to do is just keep going, keep moving forward, and keep doing your best to make it work where you are right now. I used to just ask God to change my heart to make me love life, just as it was, but asked him to change our circumstances to give me the deepest desires of my heart. Working is hard when you're a mama! But you know it's so rewarding also. You're doing such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna Kate! You are so encouraging and it means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete