Friday, October 4, 2013

Toddler Must-Haves

I can't stop making these lists, you guys! I really like hearing product recommendations from other moms. We all know the elusive no-leak sippy is like the holy grail, ya know? Tried and true product recommendations can be awesome!


1. Bumgenius Freetime
I didn't think I would like this one, I really didn't. Nothing could replace my beloved BG 4.0's, but the Freetime has won my heart. Somehow, it is trimmer for Evie than the 4.0's. Love.

2. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar
These are Evie's absolute favorite treat, and I don't feel bad about giving her 1/2 because it's got almonds, dates and peanut butter.

3. Nose Frida (the "snotsucker")
When your kiddo is all congested, this is where it's at. Evie HATES it when we're doing it, but we hold her hands down and I tell her it's okay and it'll make her feel better while Kemi sucks the boogies out. And it totally rocks her world after. Gosh, parenthood is super-glam.

4. Everyday Shea Shampoo and Body Wash
This body wash from Whole Foods is the cheap version of California Baby. Nuf' said.

5. Libbey 6.5 oz Glass Bowls
We started using these when Evie started on solids, and haven't stopped. I've bought a second set, in fact. I make her lunch the night before, and use these little jars to contain everything...one for yogurt, one for frozen blueberries, another for peas, one for leftover spaghetti, you get it. Love them. Couldn't do a day without them.

6. Kitchen Scissors
These are my all-time best secret weapon for living with a toddler. You cannot be taking out a knife and cutting board to cut grapes in half every single time. That's where these babies come in. I cut up ALL Evie's food with kitchen scissors and it makes my life 100% easier...quesadillas, chicken strips, steamed carrots, apple slices, cheese...truly everything.

7. CJ's Butter
This is the only diaper cream that matters. I use it preventatively. It's safe for cloth diapers, and I also put it in Evie's hair sometimes!

8. Safe Sippy
This sippy is awesome! I love that it's stainless steel, so it's super safe.  The valve really prevents it from leaking, and Evie uses it really well on her own.

9. We Belong Together by Joyce Wan
Evie's all time favorite book.

10. Clif Bar Twisted Fruit
I don't give these often, but Evie loves them. This is the closest she really gets to candy, and it's a great thing to keep in the diaper bag if things go really south in Target, ya know?

6 comments:

  1. Great list Corinna! I love the Nose Frieda, even for an infant! Much better than a bulb syringe. Also love the FreeTime and good to know about the baby wash from Whole Foods! I just started working there and get 20% off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! From your list, I only use the scissors (life saver!), so I need to step my game up apparently! I also love the body wash recommendation, and I am finally gonna cave and by the damn nose frieda. Idk why I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I think you'll love it! Sadly though, Emmett will not. Like, he will REALLY not.

      Delete
  3. Does Evie have dry skin, and if so, does the Everyday Shea shampoo and body wash help? I'm looking for something natural but affordable for Jack's bath every night...his poor skin is so dry lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly,

      I think it does help. The ingredients are really gentle. I often will put a tablespoon of coconut oil in Evie's bath water, and I even rub it on her after the bath...I even put it in her hair, but she has really coarse hair. I've also used Calendula oil (Weleda brand) and that helps. Hopefully that helps!

      Delete
  4. Thanks What a great info you have given us by your blog.

    MCAT questions

    ReplyDelete