Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Homemade Play Dough

Evie has been loving playing with the play dough at my school, so this weekend we set out on a mission to make our own. I had done it with my students a few times before, so it wasn't completely foreign. I actually really like homemade play dough! It lasts a really long time, is super easy, and is just as soft (if not softer!) than the store-bought version.

I used this site for my recipe. The ingredients are super cheap and simple:


 You basically dump the ingredients in a saucepan, put it over medium-low heat, and stir with a wooden spoon until thick. Even if it has lumps, it doesn't matter because you can work them out later.



 You can add whatever colors you want to the dough after that.



And then it's playtime! It literally took five minutes start to finish. No joke.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! When do you find time for this stuff! You're amazing. Emmett's teacher gave him a tiny thing of play doh to take home the other day. He loves it but it ends up in tiny pieces ALL over the house no matter what I do. I think this little activity will have to wait until he's too sick to run around or something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the working mom guilt. Yeah, Evie does okay with it...but we also have no carpet, so that helps :D

      Delete