Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It Works! Wrap Product Review

You've probably noticed the It! Works! button on my sidebar. My friend, Jamie, is an Independent Consultant with It Works! and a sponsor of Track 8.  When she offered to have me try their super-popular Ultimate Body Applicator and Defining Gel, I jumped at the chance!


It Works! claims that the Body Applicator Wrap tightens, tones and firms using a botanically-based cream.  The kit comes with four applications.  It is basically a large cloth covered with cream that can be applied to any area of the body...stomach, legs, arms, etc.  You unfold the wrap, and apply it to whatever area you have chosen.  You are supposed to smooth it on, and then wrap saran wrap around the applied area to make sure the wrap stays put and against the skin.  They recommend you apply the product for a minimum of 45 minutes, every other day, until all four are used.  On the off days, you use the defining gel.

I chose to apply the product to my stomach. Two pregnancies, just three months apart from each other, really did a number on that area! 

I took my measurements, as recommended before starting.  Initially, I didn't love the way the product felt. It is really cold when you put it on, so you have to be prepared for that. The other thing that I didn't anticipate was that it tingles a bit.  If you've ever used a "plumping" lip gloss, it feels a lot like that.  Although It Works! says you can sleep wearing the product, I tried and it was impossible because of the tingling sensation and the squeaky saran wrap.  So my advice: don't apply the wrap at bedtime and plan on sleeping in it!

So, now to the part you've all been waiting for...the results!  

Overall, I lost one inch. I did notice an overall "firming" effect, which was great.  I expected to lose an inch or so, but I didn't expect that my stomach would feel more toned, like I had been doing sit ups (uh, I hadn't.).  It Works! doesn't provide much info on how long the results are supposed to last, just that they vary from customer to customer.  I would say the results lasted 2-3 days for me.

Would I recommend the product? Yes, if I knew anyone who needed a quick and non-permanent solution.  Would I purchase the product? Probably not. I'm not a "quick fix" type of girl, and I find the price tag a bit steep for a temporary solution. But, like I said, I think it's great for women looking for a quick fix to slim a "trouble spot."


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh sounds like a great idea just before a trip to the beach, or a romantic weekend away or something. ;) I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete