Monday, December 30, 2013

Currently

Hey guys!

I'm linking up with my sweet friends at A Mama Collective for a little update on what's going on over here. I've been a bit absent lately so this is a good opportunity to catch up!


Thinking about:
My father in law. Kemi's dad passed away on December 28th, and he's been at the forefront of my mind.
Reading:
"Everything is Illuminated" by Jonathan Safran Foer.  It's my favorite book of all time, and I love to re-read it.
Listening to: 
My sweet girl and all her new words and phrases!  Last night, I was giving her a bath, and I stuck my feet in the tub too while I was washing her up. We played with her toys, tickled each other's toes, and then she started saying something that I could not understand-
Finally, I said "Evie, are you saying 'fun'?"
"Yeah!" She replied. 
"You're having fun with mama?" 
"Yeah!" 
Oh, my heart. She just wanted to tell me she was having fun with me. You mamas know there are days we feel like anything but fun. We feel gross, frumpy, boring, crabby, and tired. So to know she wanted to tell me she was having fun was such a gift.
Watching:
Parenthood! Are you guys as hooked as I am? I can't wait for it to come back. And I'm SO MAD at Julia. Get your s*&@ together, Julia!
Thankful for:
Family. There's nothing like loss to make you look around and appreciate your blessings.  So thankful for all the family and friends we have around us, supporting us, and loving us. 

5 comments:

  1. Gah! Evie, you sweet sweet girl. I'm in tears! What an awesome moment for a mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I've been praying for your whole family.
    And on a lighter note, totally hooked on Parenthood - loooove it!
    Happy new year, Corinna!

    -Anna May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna May! And I know, Parenthood is sooooo addictive! I'm so anxious about Joel and Julia!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I KNOW! Aren't you just freaking out about Joel and Julia!? Haha!

      Delete