Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankful

This past weekend, I was sitting on the couch folding laundry while Evie napped.  I was looking around our living room and my eyes landed on an engagement photo of Kemi and I.  I started thinking about our life, and the love we have for each other. Do Kemi and I have a perfect marriage? Not by a long shot. He's pretty close, but I have a whole lot of failings.  But we have such great love.  We have been blessed to hold and gaze at the face of not one, but two newborn baby girls. Half of him. And half of me. And we have felt a love for those babies so strong we thought our hearts would burst.


There are some who never know these feelings. Who live their whole life without the love of a spouse, without a baby in their arms, without a best friend.  There are some who suffer from depression or loneliness. And we have been so richly blessed. We've experienced loss. Deep, deep down loss. But we've experienced so much love.  And for that, I am thankful.



2 comments:

  1. Great attitude Corinna! That is something I've learned from you- no matter what we're faced with, we are blessed, and we must remember and appreciate the blessings in our lives. You've taught me so much this last year and called me on in so many ways, just by sharing your story and always finding the good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AK! Gosh, I'm unfortunately normally a glass half empty kind of girl. I have to really work to see the positives, but I'm glad you appreciate that! :D

      Delete