Saturday, March 8, 2014

Introduction to Stitch Fix, or How Corinna got her Groove Back

Having three pregnancies in two years has definitely changed my body since it's pre-baby days.  Recently especially, I have struggled with finding clothes that I feel good in and that fit my new shape.  I definitely have extra baby weight from Evie and Celeste, and now being 17 weeks pregnant, my body continues to change weekly!

Frump-Town, USA
Don't get me wrong-I am okay (most of the time!) with the marks that bearing three babies has left on me.  I know that someday, I can work on getting back to the shape I'd like to be in. After this little one is born, I can concentrate on becoming fit again and getting back to an exercise routine.  But for now, I have to follow doctor's orders (no gym!) and take it VERY easy this pregnancy. A healthy baby is the priority, and enjoying my free time with Evie before we become a family of four.

Note to self: stop with the grey sweater. And do your hair more.
With that said, I still have to get dressed everyday!  During the week at work, I wear jeans and school tee-shirts. Our dress code is very casual since we're working with kids each day. But come Sunday when I need to get dressed for church, I tear apart my closet trying to find something, anything that hangs right.  So many of my pre-Evie clothes just don't fit me anymore.  Forget fancier occasions like my upcoming school fundraiser, or a wedding. I am totally lost.  I'd love to have some casual-chic clothes I can wear to church, date nights, or to a meet a friend without feeling frumpy!

I recently found Stitch Fix, a monthly styling service for women. You fill out a style profile, with info on your style, sizes, and budget, and a personal stylist sends you five items handpicked uniquely based on your preferences.  There is a $20 styling fee, but you get to apply that to your first order. If you keep all five items, they knock 25% off. If you keep nothing, you lose your $20.  You are only charged for the items if you decide to keep them, otherwise you just mail them back.

I think one of the best things is you get to try on the items in the privacy of your own home.  I love that, because then you can try things on with your own shoes and accessories, to see if you'll really wear it or not.  I hate buying something and then realizing I need different shoes for it, or different pants, ya know? I love the concept! I have absolutely no time to shop---I would so much rather spend the little free time I have with Evie and Kemi. Usually when I go shopping it's because I have to find something for an occasion RIGHTNOW and it ends up being super stressful.  I'd love to just be able to choose one or two pieces I love each month, and over time, grow a new wardrobe of pieces that really work for me.

I also love that you don't get mailed a box each month unless you want one. There's no long term commitment, so you could just order a box when you feel like spicing up your wardrobe!

I think the items might be a little more than I'd usually spend (most of my clothes are from Gap sales) but if I do find something I absolutely LOVE, I think it's worth a little splurge. Besides, I just don't have the time to raid sales racks and try on dozens of things in hopes that something will fit.  If I find something that totally works on me and I love, I'm okay with spending a bit more.

My first Stitch Fix box will be arriving next month, and I can't wait to show you guys what's in it! I hope I love it! It's kind of fun to have a box of surprises to look forward to, don't you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment