Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Our Family Is Growing!

A few weeks ago Kemi and I announced that we are expecting our third babe in August!


We couldn't be more excited!

I am 17 weeks along now, and feeling really good! Entering into the second trimester has definitely brought more energy.

Since losing Celeste, we knew all subsequent pregnancies would be considered "high risk" and would mean a unique set of circumstances.  Having had a preterm labor, I am 50% more likely to have another.

With this pregnancy, we are under careful watch from our amazing doctor, which we are so thankful for. We're having frequent ultrasounds, and I'm on medication to prevent preterm labor as well.

Admittedly, it's been difficult to not have the same naivety I had when I was pregnant with Evie. The common cramps and aches of pregnancy that I didn't know to be anything but normal now make my heart jump and wonder if I'm experiencing contractions.  This time around, I find myself consciously telling myself to not get worked up over every little thing.

But, there is a certain sweetness too. Every ultrasound that shows me that tiny baby kicking and squirming brings tears to my eyes.  Every night I lay my head on my pillow and my hand on my belly and know there's still a baby growing in there makes me breathe a sigh of relief.  I feel so blessed to be carrying another soul.  No matter what happens, I am humbled that God allows us to participate with him in bringing this new life into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment