Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stitch Fix IS HERE!

It's here it's here it's here! I was sooo excited to see the FedEx guy pull up with my very first Stitch Fix box today.  Of course I immediately tore into that thing to see what goodies had been picked for me.  If you're not sure what Stitch Fix is, check out my first post about it here.

My stylist, Julie, left a really thoughtful note, congratulating me on my pregnancy. She said she selected the items she did because she thought they'd work well as maternity and non-maternity wear.  I was super thankful for that, because isn't that what we all want when we're expecting? I mean, maternity clothes are great, but anything that can be worn during pregnancy and beyond and not look like a tent is a rare and precious thing!

Here's what Stitch Fix sent for me to try:
Super cute pattern on the inside!



Street Level Benian Easy Tote with Chain Detail, $68.00
I found what made my box so heavy! This purse! This purse was soooo super cute, and the big tote style is something I would totally use.  I love the cute triangle pattern on the inside, and especially loved the extra mini bag it comes with on the inside. I think that would be great for moms. You could put all your personal stuff in the small bag and baby stuff in the main compartment, so you'd always know where to find what you're looking for.  Seriously wish I could say yes to this!  However, I'm debating pulling the trigger on a new diaper bag, so I think I'll pass.
Verdict: Sent back


Lily Morgan Printed Strapless Jersey Dress, $68.00
This one was just ok to me. The print isn't bad, but I'm just not in love with it. After trying it on, I was still not in love. I'm not much of a strapless dress kind of girl, and this one just wasn't super flattering for me.
Verdict: Sent back



41 Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan, $48.00
I liked seeing this thin open cardigan in the box, and the color is really pretty! I think it's great even for summer, just to bring to work or the movies or the mall, when the AC is blasting and it can be cold inside.  I think it's great for bringing to the hospital too, like I mentioned in this post.
Verdict: Undecided! Help!


Chris and Carol Tobey Mixed Stripe Maxi Skirt, $58.00
I really liked this as soon as I saw it in the box.  I wish the picture was better-you can't really tell that the skirt has gray stripes in it.  I think it's nice that it will match basically any shirt, so I don't have to "think" a whole lot with this one.  At first, I didn't think the stripes were flattering on my hips, and the waistband sort of hits at a weird spot. It doesn't look right completely under my bump, but if I put it in the middle you can kind of see a muffin-top situation. But, I do like that it's something I can wear both during pregnancy and after.  It's also nice that it's a stretchy jersey material, so it will still fit even once I lose the baby weight.
Verdict: Keep!


Pink Martini Devin Lace Detail Tie-Waist Maxi Dress, $88.00
I didn't love this dress in the box, but it grew on me.  I like the idea of a maxi dress, but I've never loved dresses that tie in the back. I think the style can just look too matronly on me.  Once I tried it on, Kemi liked it, but I'm not in love.  I don't love my arms right now, and I think the cap sleeve style just hits in the wrong spot.
Verdict: Sent back

Overall, this was super fun! It's soooo nice to be able to try things on in your own house, with your own shoes and accessories.  It's great to not feel rushed to decide, and to be able to show the items to your friends or significant other before purchasing.  I'm definitely a Stitch Fix believer.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh I love that grey dress on you! Bummed you sent that one back! But keep that sweater. The color is really pretty on you and you'll love having a pretty pink cardigan to bum around in once the babe is born! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Maybe I'll request it again in my next box. It made my backside look a little, uh, bumpy. But maybe with the right Spanx. Haha!

      Delete