Monday, May 12, 2014

Currently. {Vol. 3}


Thinking about:
How to teach Evie about…body parts. Yes, for reals. She's a little a lot precocious, and has been asking about body parts. More specifically, I feel like I cannot get undressed in front of her because she's pointing at everything awkward and demanding "whas zat?"  She recently wanted me to identify a body part that rhymes with ripple and when I told her it's a "body part" she promptly lifted her shirt, identified it on herself ("body part!") and said "Papa has body part too!" Ohemgee.  I heard that there's some sort of Theology of the Body for kids, and I need to get on that. ASAP. HELP.

Evie in her "restaurant." Eating gorgonzola cheese and blackberries.  Yep.

Reading:
Blogs! Especially Camp Patton lately. She is hysterical :)

Listening to:
I'm revisiting some of my old favorite chick songs from when I was single. Listening to Imogen Heap, Priscilla Ahn, Rosie Thomas, Tegan and Sara, and Tristan Prettyman just takes me back to being 22 and driving around late at night with my friend Ashlee in her old VW Jetta, windows down, summer breeze blowing, listening to girl music and talking about boys.  Sometimes I'm sentimental for those days when life seemed complicated, but was so, so simple.

Watching:
New Girl. Love love love New Girl.

Thankful for:
Feeling a little more sane this week than I did last week. I'm hopeful that somehow (somehow!) by the time this new Ndolo arrives, I can have some sort of a more clear plan and life can feel a little more sane.


11 comments:

  1. What an adorable little girl! Quite curious too- which is a good thing!! Good luck with all of that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren, and thanks for visiting! I visited your site too and am looking forward to reading "Screw Business as Usual." Looks good! Great post!

      Delete
  2. Hey Corinna! Thanks for your comment on my blog - I know you work hard at your school so you understand it all. Just to identify myself - I'm actually a friend of Kemi's, Emily Wilson's older sister. I use a pen name for professional reasons. We've met before, but a long time ago! I just like to clarify so I am not a "stranger" ;) Evie is the cutest thing and I'm so happy for you guys expecting - I've been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers! It's always good to hear similar struggles from others in education. It's a challenging field, keep your head up! It sounds like you're doing a great job!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I've totally had those awkward conversations with my little gal. They are always interesting and I try not to laugh hysterically in the moment. I call try to always answer the questions for their age but we call them what they are. Found your blog through Currently and excited to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Camp Patton too!! Seriously, I am a little obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! She's hilarious! I especially love the Julia Styles posts. Julia is hysterical.

      Delete
  5. Love that they ask the most awkward questions. My 2 year old loves to ask "where's your boy parts, mama??"

    Imogen Heap--classic!

    Glad to be here as part of Currently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, don't they!? Still don't know how to respond though…;/

      Delete
  6. I LOVE all of those bands you listed. I'm pretty sure I need to do some revisiting as well ;) Evie is the cutest... I can't handle it. I'm praying for you that things calm down a bit also. Praying for peace for your heart. ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Jenna! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

      Delete