Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Lily Jade Diaper Bag Review

I first saw the Lily Jade diaper bags on Camp Patton and Diana Wrote, and then began seeing them all over the blogosphere. They're everywhere, I tell you! And for good reason!



Anyway, the more I saw of this amazing bag, the more I wanted to get my hands on one!  I was gifted a beautiful designer diaper bag when Evangeline was born and have loved using it for the last two years.  The only thing that proved difficult with it was the limited pockets and organization.  I was always digging alllllll the way to the bottom to find a binky, my chapstick, or a cereal bar.  When I saw the incredible organization behind the Lily Jade bags (16 pockets!) I knew I wanted to give it a try.

I emailed Landon and Megann, the husband and wife team behind Lily Jade, to see if they'd pair up for a review or giveaway.  This is the message I got back:

Hi Corinna,

I want to gift you a bag.  As I read Sarah's email to you and then read your blog posts about your loss last year and your new baby this year I felt moved to pray for you.  In praying for you I sensed the Lord wanting to bless you and remind you of some things that you probably already know.  That He alone is above all things and that He has your life and the life of your family in His hands.  So consider the bag a gift from Him.  There are no strings attached.

Send me your address and I'll send one your way.

May the light of His face shine on you and fill you will all hope, all peace, and all joy.


My eyes started to well up when I read Landon's email.  I called Kemi right away and said "want to hear a story about the kindness of strangers?!" I was so moved by their generosity and prayers.  It is such a blessing to support a business with such generous leadership and prayerful hearts.  

So on to this amazing bag!!!




I received the Caroline bag in black.  The hallmark feature of the Lily Jade bag is the inner removable "baby bag." The canvas inner compartment allows you to organize all baby's items, and then snap it in the bag.  When you leave baby with the sitter, or you want to quickly get the baby stuff out of your bag to use it as a purse for date night, you simply pull out the removable baby bag and ta-da! Instant stylish purse for mom.  It truly doesn't look a bit like a diaper bag.  I won't even attempt any pictures of me modeling the bag-not my style, and it's been done (here and here).  The inner baby bag is made of washable material, allowing it to be machine washed when milk and crumbs get all up in there like you know they will.  The outer is made of butter-soft leather, and I know it'll just look better with age, which is great because I'll be using it forever.


The inner "baby bag"
The Caroline and Madeline bags are STILL on sale right now, but rumor is that will be going, going, gone VERY soon.  Run don't walk, mamas!  


2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this diaper bag! I've entered every giveaway there is...no luck yet! Now I want one even more knowing how kind and generous the owners are! Loving hearing this about companies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so awesome! i cried reading that note from them. enjoy your new bag!!!

    ReplyDelete