Monday, June 2, 2014

Currently {Vol. 3}.

Once again, I'm linking up with the mamas from A Mama Collective, and Anna Kate from Home Away from Home for another Currently. Since I haven't written anything in awhile, it's a good catch-up.


Thinking about:
Being a mama of two.  I've been on school break for the last week, and it's been so good for me to have lots of quality time with my girl.  I'm trying to soak it up, before we become a family of four.  It sort of makes me sad, in a way, that my days being able to give Evie 100% of my attention are numbered. I know that a sibling is something I so deeply desire for her, and I know what a blessing it will be to her, and for our family.  We can't wait to fall in love all over again with this new baby, but I will miss these days of Evie as my only only.

Weekday coffee date? Yes, please!





Reading: Uh, nothing, sadly. I'd DYING to pick up this book though!

Listening to:
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Evie loves this song, so it's been on a lot in our house.  It's so beautiful, but sort of puts me in a nostalgic and sort of sad mood.  We've had a lot of loss this year, and it sort of makes me think of our baby girl and Kemi's dad, somewhere over the rainbow.

Watching: Nothing. Summer is a sad time for TV.  We'd like to pick up a new show, but don't know what! Any recommendations?

Thankful for:
Evie's heart.  In the past week or two, we'll catch her with her head bowed, hands folded in front of her, and eyes closed. If we ask her what she's doing she says "praying Jesus." At church on Sundays, she anxiously waits for the end when she can go sit on the steps of the altar, and then go light a candle. When we ask her who she wants to light a candle for, it's always "Grampa" or "Baby Lest" (Celeste).  I love her sweet heart.




8 comments:

  1. HI Corinna. Thanks for stopping by! Yah, we are just going to Vancouver and Victoria. Nothing fancy, but hey, it's somewhere!! Your daughter is adorable! I love that song!!! A friend from church had a baby girl the other day, and named her Evelyn. I think they will call her Evie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an angel! See? She's so sweet and good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now and then she surprises me ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your "thankful for" - sweet girl, I love that she loves Jesus so much! She is going to make a fantastic big sister :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! She's a pistol most of the time, but then she'll do things like this that are just so so sweet!

      Delete
  4. Seriously I can't even get over how cute she is. I love hearing about her relationship with Celeste. It gives me so much peace and hope for Ted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie, Ted will have such a sweet relationship with his sister, I know it! In the midst of the suffering and the pain, and the sadness of not seeing them grow up together, there is sweetness knowing your little one will always have an advocate in Heaven.

      Delete
  5. I love your adorable photos!! She is going to be a great big sister!

    Awww...what a blessing. She looks so precious praying in front of the cross.

    ReplyDelete